Subject: Re: TK50Z
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Allison J Parent <allisonp@world.std.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/24/1998 12:50:03
There is no blocking I know of still, save for unimplemented/undocumented
capability.

<  Therein lies the rub. :-) I'm _SURE_ that the same driver could be used
<for NCR 5380 on both KA410 and KA42/41. The DMA differences can be handle

So much babble deleted.  I really don't care, most here don't care.  It
does have scsi, it can be used as such and all you have to do is do it.

Further, since NETBSD is not constrained in any way if they wish to use
the scsi port it's a matter of some coding, possibly already existant.

<   You have found the config(8) program itself, while I was asking for th
<file that you give it as input (whose name you specify on its command
<line).

You asked for config!  If you wanted GENERIC the file that is specificly
readable you should have said so.  Though I'm not about to go through
the gyrations to transfer it here.  Of course if you had the docs for
Ultrix you have that info in the installation manual.

<> The basic config is root, swap and dump on ra0 and rz0 was usra.
<> I've long since put the scsi drive in my 3100(inited for vms use).
<
<   If your /usr is gone, you probably won't find the config file since /s

No severely reading impaired, <usra> is gone.

<is a symlink to /usr/src/sys, which is gone. Oh well, when I finally hav
<my hardware set up I'll install Ultrix myself and play with it.

It's all there.

<   I don't have any docs at all (except the list of differences between
<v3.0 and v3.1, which is not that useful). But hey, Ultrix is essentially
<BSD UNIX. A general BSD UNIX background and a copy of Ultrix to play wit
<should be enough to figure it out.

Well I guess I have more info that you with a real vs2k infront of me
running and some docs.  As to being "essentially BSD UNIX" apparently
not sufficiently so for most people to consider Ultrix real unix.

Also Ultrix 3.x is real acient and not likely relevent as it's likely
different in the systems and possible configurations that were
"supported".

<   I'll continue this discussion when I have an Ultrix installation in
<front of me.

Please do.

Allison