Subject: Re: Precompiled vax packages anyone?
To: Michael Sokolov <sokolov@alpha.CES.CWRU.Edu>
From: Johnny Billquist <bqt@Update.UU.SE>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/22/1998 13:33:56
> > Well, if Ultrix is your idea of a good OS, I think you'll find very few
> > people who are willing to use your (yet) vaporware.
>
>    My idea of a good OS is Berkeley UNIX(R). I THINK that Ultrix is similar
> to it, but I don't KNOW. Soon I'll play with it myself and find it out this
> way, but I haven't got to this yet. What is it that you don't like about
> Ultrix anyway?

For someone so utterly ignorant, you sure have a lot of attitudes.
You don't know anything about anything discussed here, and ask questions
about every item discussed.

Now, I think that this is good, since you will never learn without asking.

*But*. To expect us to believe your talk about your own newfangled
Berkeley Unix, or expect us to care about your constant complaints about
NetBSD (or any other system), in view of your (pretty much) total
ignorance makes the whole subject silly.

Why do we even bother continuing discussing with you?

As for what the problem is with Ultrix. Just about everything. I happen to
like having a syslogd a little more modern, the same goes for named,
sendmail, and just about everything else. The filesystem is slow, and the
system crashes from time to time. Buggy systems never are nice.

Sure, it's very much BSD4.2, but who wants BSD4.2???

	Johnny