Subject: Re: Retrocomputing, VAXen, and NetBSD
To: Gunnar Helliesen <gunnar@bitcon.no>
From: Arno Griffioen <arno@ixe.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/20/1998 09:21:32
> > S3 Virge, etc) for a Vax...  How could I play my mp3's? :)
>
> We could lobby Creative Labs to start making Qbus SoundBlasters?

Naah.. Then they would have to build a real DMA implementation and
not the brain-dead ISA slave-DMA these sound cards use..

> No?

Perhaps another project? Next to the QBUS IDE controller?

Would be kinda funky seeing a VAX in a 19" chassis with speakers
in place of the RA82's playing MOD's (guess MP3's would be a
bit too much for the poor VAX CPU)

Anyone for a Joystick interface??  Or is this getting too weird?

Hmm.. Let's not call it a PlayStation, but a VAXStation.. Hold
on a sec. They're already called that :-)

							Bye Arno.

--
Internet Exchange Europe B.V.Fax: +31-70-3630470 | One disk to rule them all,
Lange Voorhout 9  	     Tel: +31-70-3600379 | One disk to bind them,