Subject: Re: Is the SCSI port on a uVAX 2000 normal SCSI?
To: None <"port-vax@netbsd.org"@vbormc.vbo.dec.com>
From: Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate! 19-Feb-1998 0636 +0000 <carlini@marvin.enet.dec.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/19/1998 08:10:25
"sokolov@alpha.CES.CWRU.Edu" "Michael Sokolov":

>   You are saying that ROM listings were available to people at least in
>some way. That rocks!!! You are also saying that this was gone with later
>systems, but still, this means that these listings were not the greatest of
>all DEC's secrets, so I may be able to convince Richard to give me a copy.

The VMS source listings were available as part of the VMS licence up to some
point. After that point Digital started to charge ($500-$1000 IIRC) for the
fiche. Those listings are still available today, although they come on CDROM
which is both more useful and considerably more compact! It so happened that
some of the ROM listings were included at one point. Whether by accident or by
design I do not know, but they are not there any more.

The Ultrix/OSF/Digital Unix listings are also available (I believe) but only to
those who have the appropriate source licence from whoever doles those out these
days (not at all cheap, I understand).

Remember that the listings you want are only available on fiche so you'll need
access to a fiche reader. They are also pretty old and were never (or rarely)
available online outside of VMS Engineering, so don't hold out too much hope!

Antonio

Antonio Carlini                            Mail: carlini@marvin.enet.dec.com
DECnet-Plus for OpenVMS Engineering
Digital Equipment Corporation              Worton Grange, Reading, England