Subject: Re: Setting up the QDSS as the console and twisted uba stuff.
To: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
From: Boris Gjenero <bgjenero@undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/17/1998 13:39:33
Okay, now I'm fairly sure I can do the mapping.  At least with the IO
page it seems easy.  Apparently it is just at physical address QIOPAGE.
I think the CSR should be at QIOPAGE+ubdevreg(QDSSCSR) in physical
memory and that should map to the kernel virtual address I'm using +
ubdevreg(QDSSCSR)

I'm still not sure about mapping the other QDSS memory.  Basically I
just tell the QDSS the Q-bus address I want it to appear at (actually it
can only go on 64k boundaries), and then I want to map it into the chunk
of kernel virtual address space that I have waiting for it.  My
questions are:
- Where does the Q-bus address space appear in physical address space?
(Is there yet another mapping in there somewhere?)
- If I use some of the Q-bus address space here how do I make sure
something
else won't try to use it later.

BTW.  Thanks for your help.

--