Subject: Re: Is the SCSI port on a uVAX 2000 normal SCSI?
To: Paul Apprich <psapp@terra.cnct.com>
From: Dave McGuire <mcguire@neurotica.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/16/1998 18:06:18
On February 16, Paul Apprich wrote:
> 	Writing 0xff to this area turns it on (white) Any other data does
> not seems to budge it. This may be either a monochrome plane or there are
> fields elswhere in memory for the video DAC to generate color. Perhaps a
> corresponding write to the same offset in a different block of memory
> would do it. I have seen color patterns generated by the 'test 8X'
> commands in the boot monitor.

  There's gonna be a colormap in there somewhere...we need to find out
where it is...it's probably a 256-element table, each element of which
is a 24-bit RGB triple.  That's just a guess...

  Anyway, the frame buffer pixel values should address entries in the
colormap, the addressed entries in which are passed to the DACs.

                       -Dave McGuire
                        mcguire@neurotica.com