Subject: Re: Is the SCSI port on a uVAX 2000 normal SCSI?
To: Patrick Light <plight@anet-stl.com>
From: Paul Apprich <psapp@terra.cnct.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/16/1998 17:32:49
On Mon, 16 Feb 1998, Patrick Light wrote:

> Allison J Parent wrote:
> >
> > <P.S. VAX video matrix address starts @ 0x38000000 simple progressive left
> > <to right, top to bottom.
> >
> > For what plane of a multiple plane system?
> >
> > Allison
>
> So that means we can (or are required) to address each board of a
> multiplane video system (eg VS3100) separately to write a pixel?  Or is
> there some common register set that would update this automatically for
> us?

	Writing 0xff to this area turns it on (white) Any other data does
not seems to budge it. This may be either a monochrome plane or there are
fields elswhere in memory for the video DAC to generate color. Perhaps a
corresponding write to the same offset in a different block of memory
would do it. I have seen color patterns generated by the 'test 8X'
commands in the boot monitor.

P.S.A