Subject: Re: Is the SCSI port on a uVAX 2000 normal SCSI?
To: None <"port-vax@netbsd.org"@vbormc.vbo.dec.com>
From: Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate! 16-Feb-1998 2142 +0000 <carlini@marvin.enet.dec.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/16/1998 23:20:12
"sokolov@alpha.CES.CWRU.Edu" "Michael Sokolov" writes:

>this protocol instead of CCS, so forget about booting from SCSI disks unless
>you can get a friendly UFO pilot to fly right into DEC's top secret archives
>and steal the system ROM source code for you. Second, if you want to use VMS or

Without wishing to fan the flames of any old arguments, I believe that the UV2K
and UV2 (and maybe UV1) ROM listings were available on the microfiche up until
the VMS V4.4 (or V4.6) time-frame. At that time the source listings shipped on
microfiche to every VMS customer. After V4.4 (or V4.6 ... my memory dims)
Digital started to charge so fewer customers picked up the fiche.

Antonio

Antonio Carlini                            Mail: carlini@marvin.enet.dec.com
DECnet-Plus for OpenVMS Engineering
Digital Equipment Corporation              Worton Grange, Reading, England