Subject: Re: Is the SCSI port on a uVAX 2000 normal SCSI?
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Allison J Parent <allisonp@world.std.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/16/1998 10:49:17
<I've run through all 4 RD-series disks, all of them are dead.  Various
<failures, none normal.  (1 bad sectors, 2 refuse to acknowledge the contr
<So, I have 2 good 200-meg SCSI devices.  Can I just hang them off the SCS
<port in the back?  Then I could have an RX33 and a 200 meg SCSI hdd, all
<portable, all VAX!  That would rule...

The VS2k has enough room to fit a 3.5" or a HH 5.25 scsi and an HH MFM
(or RX33) in the box if you make your own scsi cable or add a connector
tot he existing one.

<A portable VAX...  I'd just tape my TRS-80 mod 100 to the top as a consol
<supply batteries, and we're off!  Of course, I'd still have to find 120v
<worth of batteries to run the VAX mobile...  well, I wouldn't be taking i
<anywhere which doesn't have 120vAC...

No, 12v and a 140watt DC to AC converter.  the PS will nto run on DC. ;-)

Allison