Subject: Re: Off-topic: DEC monitor to VGA?
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Turo Heikkinen <tjheikki@cc.hut.fi>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/16/1998 15:07:37
On Mon, 16 Feb 1998, Jacob H. Suter wrote:
> I've got the ability to set all video frequencies, but no sync-on-green
> feature documented.  Is all hope lost? :(
> Matthias Koch wrote:
> > If your PC is equipped with a graphics board which supports sync on green (there
> > are only a few with that feature) and if it allows you to choose your display
> > frequencies you should be able to get a picture on your screen.

A sync-on-green generating circuit shouldn't be hard; check for example
http://www.heartlab.rri.uwo.ca/vidfaq/fixed.frequency.html. For much more
info, try something like +"fixed frequency" +VGA +FAQ +monitor in Alta
Vista.

 /__//-/     Turo Heikkinen - http://www.hut.fi/~tjheikki for more info

          Why stop now, just when I was hating it?    - Marvin