Subject: Re: Does NetBSD use the hardware clock differently?
To: Gunnar Helliesen <gunnar@bitcon.no>
From: Boris Gjenero <bgjenero@undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/15/1998 22:25:29
Gunnar Helliesen wrote:
> Boris, did you mean 1970 instead of 1917? Are we having the exact same
> problem here? How about the Sun, is it also back in 1970 but with the
> correct time and day?

Well, I just checked the console terminal printout.  It was Jan 10 1916.
As for the Sun, I was just pointing out that NetBSD/sparc also crashes
if you try to set the clock (possibly only if you're changing the year
or month).

(Actually, my Sun 4/260 always starts out on Dec 31 1969 because I need
to change the clock battery, but that isn the point.)

--
|  Boris Gjenero <bgjenero@undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca>              |
|  Home page:  http://www.undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca/~bgjenero/     |