Subject: Does NetBSD use the hardware clock differently?
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Boris Gjenero <bgjenero@undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/15/1998 15:40:31
I'm wondering... is the way that NetBSD uses the hardware clock on a
KA630 differently from other OSes?  Even if the time is set correctly
MicroVMS will ask me for the time, and then upon booting NetBSD it will
think it is 1917.

This would really be such a minor detail except for the fact that NetBSD
crashes if you change the clock by that much, so I have to go to single
user mode, mount filesystems read-only, set the time and reboot.  (This
doesn't seem to be platform-specific because my Sun 4/260 expresses the
same bug.)

--
|  Boris Gjenero <bgjenero@undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca>              |
|  Home page:  http://www.undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca/~bgjenero/     |