Subject: ESDI drive error
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Nathan Schepers <ascheper@wincom.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/13/1998 15:40:29
Hello,
	I have a MicroVAX II with a Sigma RQD-11/EC ESDI controller and two
Hitachi DK516 1 gig(ish) ESDI drives.  After using disklabel to set
everything up, I newfs'ed the partitions that I needed to, but now when
I access them, I get this error:

/netbsd: ra0: drive 0 soft error datagram (continuing): controller error
(unknown subcode) (code 10, subcode 8)

I can do lots of things to the drives, and I can boot from them, but the
error keeps coming up when the drive is accessed (not so much when it's
mounted read-only, though). I think I looked at all of the obvious
things (cables are fine, etc), & now I'm stuck.  If anyone knows what
this means, I'd love to hear from you.

Nathan Schepers
(ascheper@wincom.net)