Subject: Re: A modest proposal
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: John Wilson <wilson@dbit.dbit.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/09/1998 19:21:36
>From: Andy Sporner <asporner@eagle.ibc.edu>

>I wonder if there is any merit towards creating sublists for things like
>vax hardware and admin stuff
>as distinct groups away from the nuts and bolts of compiling and
>installing?

Maybe it would be a nice start to have the list available in digest form
(if it isn't already, through some method I don't know about)?  Even after
deleting everything with "sokolov" in the return address it still takes me
quite a while to work my way through my incoming mail and sort it all out,
it would be great to clump the port-vax stuff together.

If the mailing list fragmented into multiple lists, I'm afraid there'd be
a lot of cross-posting and a lot of us would try to read all of the lists
anyway, so for a lot of people it might actually make things worse.  Maybe
it would help if people just made a point of using more accurate subject
lines, maybe with a general category in brackets like some newsgroups use.

John Wilson
D Bit