Subject: Re: Webservers on VAXen
To: Andy Sporner <asporner@eagle.ibc.edu>
From: Jacob Suter <jsuter@intrastar.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/09/1998 17:53:49
Well, once there is real SCSI support for the 3100m30 I plan to put my
vaxes to the test hosting a variety of *ahem* "sites".  I think it'd be
hilarious to set up a vax-based "porn site" or equiv with LOTS -o- hits.

I've talked to a few people around with decent bandwidth that are
willing to try it - its not like the box could really saturate a T1 if
it tried :)

Simple Round-Robin DNS will help with a busy site in most cases.  Else
www.microsoft.com would never load (it takes long enough as is :)

JS