Subject: Need 1.3 kernel with PIO-SCSI for SCSI/MFM controller
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Franc Grootjen <sparky@cs.kun.nl>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/09/1998 10:10:02
Hi all!

In my effort to run NetBSD1.3 on my VAXstation3100 I ran into a problem.
It seems that I own the wrong SCSI daughterboard: I've got the SCSI/MFM
board, but the generic kernel depends on the other SCSI/SCSI board.
What I understand from previous postings is that the kernel jams during
the probe of the second SCSI controller. Furthermore I need a PIO driven
SCSI version. I already asked Brian for such a kernel, but he probably
is on (a well earned!) holiday.
I can netboot the machine from a FreeBSD box, so I only need a kernel
and the c-patches, to get it running.
Any help is apreciated!

Franc

P.S. Is there anybody who nows what speed/#bits I have to set my
serial console to get readable output from my VAXstation?