Subject: Configuring KFQSA
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Megan <mbg@world.std.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/08/1998 22:25:43
> Thomas S. Traylor <ttraylor@titan.mcit.com> wrote:
> > Has anyone installed NetBSD on a system that has RF disks and a KFQSA
> > controller?
>
> I see no reason why should KFQSA disks be different from any other MSCP disks.

>From the standpoint of the OS which support an MSCP disk, it should
be no different... My 'MV3600' (quotes because it is quite a mongrel,
but MV3600 is the closest designation I can figure) originally had
a number of RD54s, but I installed a KFQSA and several RF-series
disks, and everything worked (albeit under Ultrix) just fine and
without any changes... I can't see that it would be different under
NetBSD...

>1.  The KFQSA needs to be issued MSCP commands to configure it.  NetBSD
>    does not have such a configuration utility,  This isn't necessary
>    if it has been configured under VMS for the configuration it'll
>    be used under NetBSD.

Or get a KA650, and use the SET HOST/MAIN/DUP[/SERV] or
SET HOST/MAIN/UQSSP[/DISK] commands to configure it.

					Megan Gentry
					Former RT-11 Developer

| Megan Gentry                         | tcp/ip (work):   gentry@zk3.dec.com |
| Unix Support and Engineering Group   |      or: gentry@rusure.enet.dec.com |
| Digital Equipment Corporation        |    (non-work):    mbg@world.std.com |
| 110 Spitbrook Rd. ZK03-2/T43         | URL http://world.std.com/~mbg/      |
| Nashua, NH 03062                     | "Still real-time after all these    |
| (603) 881 1055                       |  years."                            |