Subject: Re: RX50/33 support.
To: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
From: Boris Gjenero <bgjenero@undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/08/1998 09:36:23
Anders Magnusson wrote:

> I have now fixed the MicroVAX floppy support for the RX floppies.
> They are called rx? and works just like floppies are supposed to
> do; like changing them sometimes etc...
>
> -- Ragge

I'm wondering... why do they have to be treated differently from other
MSCP devices?  It is my understanding that the same sort of thing has to
be done if an SDI drive (or any other MSCP device on a controller that
does this right) goes online after the system boots.  Removable SCSI
devices on MSCP emulating controllers probably still need that support
too.  (It'd be useful with SDI as well... and not only if you have an
RA60 either.)

--
|  Boris Gjenero <bgjenero@undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca>              |
|  Home page:  http://www.undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca/~bgjenero/     |