Subject: Re: SCSI on Q-bus
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ross Harvey <ross@teraflop.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/08/1998 02:31:16
As I did receive several requests, I've put some reference information,
a bit of advice, and an example Q-Bus design up for ftp.

See:
	ftp://ftp.netbsd.org./pub/NetBSD/misc/ross/qbus/

The QBUS.MADE.EASY file contains basic theory of operation, timing,
and the bus pin (well, finger) assignments. The schematic will be
difficult to read if you don't have an 11x17 printer; if you email
me a postal address I can mail a paper copy.

One idea I had: since this board will have only a few ICs on it, you
could make a quad board with a bracket for an actual drive on the left
side of it. This makes sense, anyway, because IDE is really an internal
bus.

Have fun....

Ross Harvey
ross@teraflop.com