Subject: Re: RA80 fault code
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michael Sokolov <sokolov@alpha.CES.CWRU.Edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/07/1998 22:41:27
Boris Gjenero <bgjenero@undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca> wrote:
> The fault code I get is A and B flashing.  (All of the lamps come on
> when I acqnoledge the fault so I know none are burned out.)  Can anybody
> look up what this means and/or suggest what might be the problem?

If the error codes for RA80 are the same as for RA81, then according to "RA81
Disk Drive User Guide" (EK-0RA81-UG-001) it means "SDI error". Unfortunately,
this manual doesn't go into more detail.

> Also,
> if anybody has any RA80 docs they're willing to part with, I'd be
> interested.

I don't, but if I did I would gladly share them with you without parting with
them: I would simply copy them! I do have a copy of the RA81 manual I have
referred to above, though, and I can Xerox it and send you a copy if you want.

Sincerely,
Michael Sokolov
Phone: 440-449-0299
ARPA Internet SMTP mail: sokolov@alpha.ces.cwru.edu