Subject: RA80 PSU fan ratings
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Boris Gjenero <bgjenero@undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/07/1998 00:52:42
Upon powering up my RA80, I noticed that the fan for the PSU wasn't
spinning.  Furthere investigation revealled that one of the fan bearings
is totally destroyed.  Over half of the balls have been transformed into
random blobs of metal.  This fan needs to be replaced.  However, I lack
an airflow rating.  It's an ETRI Model 129 XR, and it is 115VAC,
16/15W.  Will any fan with simillar electrical ratings do or do I need a
special high airflow version or something.

BTW.  I wish more systems would have sensors to tell me when fans
weren't spinning.  The 2 Fujitsu SMD drives I have do have sensors but
for the rest, you basically have to hope fans don't die unexpectedly.

--
|  Boris Gjenero <bgjenero@undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca>              |
|  Home page:  http://www.undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca/~bgjenero/     |