Subject: VAXstation 3100 questions..
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: David Burrows <snadge@gemcorp.com.au>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/06/1998 01:45:36
Hi there!

I've had a bit more success than last time (mopbooting with root
filesystem on a Linux box), I can now boot NetBSD 1.3 from the internal
SCSI hard drive.  However, it dies somewhere, because it doesn't get as
far as bringing up the network, and I can't tell whats going on because
the console won't display anything and I don't have a serial cable.

So.. Is there preliminary support for VS3100 console?  If not, is it a
complex task to even hack in support?  Is there a switch somewhere which
will redirect serial to the graphic console? (Someone else said there was
but I don't know where it is, this is a KA42 if that helps)  Is there a
VAX bios command that does it? I noticed there is one called "DTE" which
emulates vt100, but after I enter that mode with the "*>>>" prompt, the
keyboard stops working. (Presumably because its waiting for serial input)

Any pointers/information or even success/failure stories from other people
would be very helpful. :)

Regards,

Dave.