Subject: Re: SCSI on Q-bus
To: Andy Sporner <asporner@eagle.ibc.edu>
From: Ty Sarna <tsarna@endicor.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/05/1998 11:40:53
Andy Sporner wrote:

> If they don't
> like IDE, leave the discussion!

How silly of me for talking about SCSI on Q-bus in a thread titled
"SCSI on Q-bus".

> This should remain a technical discussion about the design of an inexpensive
> mass storage device for Vaxen.  Personal preferences should be left at the

Excuse me? The availibility of peripherals is not a valid technical
issue? You seem to be the one fixated on your personal preference, since
from the above it's clear you want to keep discussion of anything but
IDE out of the thread.  I just wanted to point out that going to IDE
instead of SCSI does 'cost' (features) in a real way.  It's a tradeoff
vs.  price.  If you're willing to make that tradeoff, that is (as I
believe I already said) fine by me.  But don't yell at me for pointing
out a valid issue because it conflicts with your preference of IDE.