Subject: Help Please! VS3100
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Iain Hardcastle <ihardcas@super.zippo.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/04/1998 18:45:52
--------------5C8CEABEBD5FD3E5CD13E7B2

I have a VS3100 that I would like to get 1.3 running on.

If someone could please tell me the best way to get NetBSD onto this
system, I'd be very grateful.

Let me explain my setup:

VS3100, 16Mb RAM, Internal 1Gb, Internal TK50Z. External RZ28, External
RZ58, external CDROM.

Currently running OpenVMS 6.1 on the 1Gb and RZ28.

I would like to use the RZ58 as the NetBSD disk.

I have a SPARC20 running Sol2.6 and a w95 PC - all networked.

I have created a tape but the VAX wont boot from it. It just whirrs
through the tape and then boots off the internal DK.

I appear to be stuck. Any Ideas? Why wont it pick the image up from the
tape? Unfortunately, I traded the scsi floppy for the MKB.

 Cheers
Iain.

--
Iain Hardcastle
CCS Group Ltd

--------------5C8CEABEBD5FD3E5CD13E7B2

begin:          vcard
fn:             Iain Hardcastle
n:              Hardcastle;Iain
org:            CCS Group Ltd
adr:            Mintflower Building;;8 Par La Ville Road;Hamilton;Pembroke;HM 08;Bermuda
email;internet: ihardcas@super.zippo.com
title:          Network Analyst
tel;work:       +1 (441) 292 9833
tel;fax:        +1 (441) 292 0751