Subject: Re: VS3100 Boot Odyssey continues...
To: Paul Apprich <psapp@terra.cnct.com>
From: David Evans <dfevans@bbcr.uwaterloo.ca>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/04/1998 22:46:41
Paul Apprich wrote:

> -DKA100
>
> howto 0x1, bdev 0x2a, booting...done. (31448+22260)
> >> NetBSD/vax boot [980110 22:29] <<
> : rom()netbsd

  I guess you copied boot to /, right?  Otherwise it wouldn't get this far.

> changing rpb->unit from 100 to 1
>
>  83 BOOT SYS
> ?4D DEVOFFLINE
>  84 FAIL

  Hmmm...you're sure /netbsd didn't get corrupted or something?  That looks
exactly like what I did and what mine does (well, except that mine boots the
kernel.)
  You're sure that you wrote the bootblocks (the xxboot-renamed-to-sdboot part)
from 1.3 and not 1.3_ALPHA?

--
David Evans          (NeXTMail/MIME OK)             dfevans@bbcr.uwaterloo.ca
Computer/Synth Junkie                      http://bbcr.uwaterloo.ca/~dfevans/