Subject: Re: Free VAX Cluster!
To: HULBERT JOSHUA <hulbertj@msoe.edu>
From: Arno Griffioen <arno@usn.nl>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/03/1998 08:14:13
> Please get back to me as soon as possible.  I'm guessing we have until the
> end of the week, at which time the scrap metal man comes.  I've had
> phantasies about bringing the stuff home, but "home" is actually a dorm
> room.   Dunno if plugging the 3600's in will actually cause a brownout or
> not.  Housing wouldn't be pleased, I'm guessing.

You should be able to run the 3600(s) without problems. They're not that
power-hungry. They are capable of sucking quite some juice, but that's
only when you really load up that 12-slot Qbus backplane :-)

The only thing you would have to find a replacement for is the RA82..
This thing _does_ suck some major juice (and is noisy as hell..).

The bare 3600 will very quietly hum away in a corner. And they really
are very quiet. Very nice home-VAX :-)

And with the BA213 in a 19" chassis it's much, much bigger than
your average 'peecee'.. And that's what counts isn't it??

								Bye Arno
--
Internet Exchange Europe B.V.Fax: +31-70-3630470 | One disk to rule them all,
Lange Voorhout 9  	     Tel: +31-70-3600379 | One disk to bind them,