Subject: Free VAX Cluster!
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: HULBERT JOSHUA <hulbertj@msoe.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/02/1998 15:12:35
Hi,

To anyone interested, my school is looking to make the old VAX cluster
disappear.  It consists of two MV3600's, several racks of RA81/82's, one
MVII, and a TU-something-or-other.  I haven't had time to go down and look
at the innards of any of the machines, but I will if anyone expresses an
interest in them.  The whole shebang was operational the day they took it
to the basement, so I assume it still is.

We also have two or three VS3100's, but I'm really not sure what shape
they're in.

We are located in downtown Milwaukee, WI.  The machines would be free for
the taking, or if anyone wants to pay the shipping, we could work
something out.  I'd really like to see it all go toward the NetBSD cause,
otherwise they'll be scrapped for the gold :(

Please get back to me as soon as possible.  I'm guessing we have until the
end of the week, at which time the scrap metal man comes.  I've had
phantasies about bringing the stuff home, but "home" is actually a dorm
room.   Dunno if plugging the 3600's in will actually cause a brownout or
not.  Housing wouldn't be pleased, I'm guessing.

Cheers!

Joshua Hulbert
Milwaukee School of Engineering
hulbertj@msoe.edu