Subject: Re: http://www.netbsd.org/Library/Hardware/Machines/DEC/vax/full.html
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: John Wilson <wilson@dbit.dbit.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/02/1998 11:35:39
>From: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>

>TU80 didn't speak TMSCP, but the same as TS05 et.al. Max 1600 bpi.
                                                      ^^^
(Actually it was 1600 BPI only -- I *wish* it could do 800!)

>Other tapes to know about:
>TS11: 1600 bpi, Massbus/Unibus.

Just Unibus, the TS11 had nothing to do with Massbus.

>TU45: 1600 bpi, Massbus. Maybe Unibus, don't know.

The TU45 is another TM03-based Massbus drive just like the TE16 and TU77,
actually AFAIK the only way for software to tell the difference is by speed
and the value in the MTDT register.  So it's a generic Massbus drive,
18-bit-capable with the right bit fiddler board, you can use it on Unibus
with an RH11 but it works with the RHxx(x) on any other machine too.  The
TU45 drive mechanism has a reputation for being junk, so it figures that
I'm stuck with two of them!

John Wilson
D Bit