Subject: I'm starting (some) work on QDSS support.
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Boris Gjenero <bgjenero@undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/01/1998 21:40:49
Right now I've got a QDSS in my MicroVAX II.  Everything works fine, and
it has pretty good X performance.  I'd be nice to get this supported
under NetBSD.  I have started some work on the qd.c.

So far I have gotten the needed header files and changed things a bit
until cpp was happy with everything.  Now I have this big bunch of
compiler warnings and errors and I've started on that.  It seems that
one of the major things that need to be done is the integration of this
driver into the configuration system used by NetBSD, which is completely
different from the system used by the the driver.

My main problem now is that I lack info on the NetBSD system.  I just
wish that there was some documentation in the code itself.  It's
ridiculous... it seems that whoever was writing the uba code was
avoiding comments like the plague.  Even fields in structures that I get
passed aren't commented in the header files.  Is there any sort of
documentation on this *somewhere*... anywhere?  (like right now I'm
trying to figure out how to grab the interrupts that the QDSS wants)

BTW.  To whoever wants to ask when this will be done:  don't.  I
currently have that pointless, annoying "school" thing to deal with
among other things so I really don't know.

--
|  Boris Gjenero <bgjenero@undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca>              |
|  Home page:  http://www.undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca/~bgjenero/     |