Subject: Re: Vaxstation/MicroVAX info
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Allison J Parent <allisonp@world.std.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/01/1998 13:07:49
<     RE: ba23
<
<Actually it's not so much the unequal length but lack of a tight
<connectin where the
<connector plugs into the power supply. By the way when this happened

No it isn't.  I was part ofthe ECO team and the situation was none of the
individual pins can withstand the total current.  When we loaded a box
with load cards (boards full of resistors) we could actually meansure
the temperature of the connector pins with the shorter leads getting
hotter than the pins with the long leads.  Remember at 30+ amps a
resistance difference of milliohms is enough to cause unequal sharing.
The failure would be cascade, one would melt and loose contact then the
remaining ones would have to take even more load.

<box (which has a KA630 in it now). I went to my local DEC service cen
<and a helpful
< service engineer gave me a new upgraded power cable at no charge.  Th

I should hope so as it was considered a safety related ECO and manditory.

Allison