Subject: Re: CPUs and system boards
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michael Sokolov <sokolov@alpha.CES.CWRU.Edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/31/1998 22:00:31
   Allison J Parent <allisonp@world.std.com> wrote:
> < KA650 and KA42/41 are certainly different enough to have completely
> <different XSID "bitouts". They have completely different architectures,
>
> You however confuse the _implementation_  such as Q-bus vs bounded with
> _archetecture_ which is still VAX.

   As I have explained in my most recent posting on TK50Z, I mean the
architecture of the system, not of the CPU.

> <   Isn't it EK-VTTAA-TM? As for the video RAM, I think I know which chip
> <it is in. [...]
>
> Video ram is not one chip.

   Is it your mailer that's truncating lines? In my posting I have said
"chips", not "chip" as you are (mis)quoting.

   You wrote about the host adapter SCSI ID:
> Correct, as a host it's meaningless and really there to aid diagnostics.
> Also the bus probes may use it.

   But this ID does matter because it is unavailable to other devices on
the bus.

   Sincerely,
   Michael Sokolov
   Phone: 440-449-0299