Subject: Re: Ultrix/VAX
To: Michael Sokolov <sokolov@alpha.CES.CWRU.Edu>
From: Kevin P. Neal <kpneal@pobox.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/30/1998 16:01:59
At 12:19 PM 1/30/98 -0500, Michael Sokolov wrote:
>Patrick Light <plight@anet-stl.com> wrote:
>>  Hey, I was just inquiring...besides, I like pain :) (I'm a UNIX help
>>  desk tech).  I would just rather run some form of UNIX than VMS for
>>  pressing TK50 tapes of the NetBSD/VAX images from my VAXStation
>>  3100...My apologies for causing such a stir...
>It's OK, and my offer of pirate Ultrix copies still stands (as soon as I get it
>myself, which, if I'm lucky, may be later today).

You know, people would probably do better to just go dumpster diving for
Ultrix.

We went dumpster diving last night, came back with quite a haul. My roommate
got Ultrix 4.2 for VAX and MIPS. I got OSF/1 1.2 and a MicroVAX-II
diagnostics tape.

Along with a pile of other stuff. And I already have a pile of blank TK-50
tapes. Cool.

Hope the diagnostics tape works.
--
XCOMM Kevin P. Neal, Junior, Comp. Sci.     -   House of Retrocomputing
XCOMM  mailto:kpneal@pobox.com              -   http://www.pobox.com/~kpn/