Subject: Re: Ultrix/VAX
To: Michael Sokolov <sokolov@alpha.CES.CWRU.Edu>
From: Jacob Suter <jsuter@intrastar.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/30/1998 12:53:10
> That's true, but without this tyrannical government and its draconian copyright
> laws they wouldn't be able to do anything no matter how much they cared.

Unless these laws existed people would not create new software for you
to warez because they would NEVER release it in the states and make damn
sure it never got here.

> It has been upheld many times that unsigned shrink-wrap "agreements" have no
> legal power whatsoever. What's really protecting the software is the copyright
> notice, not the so-called "license agreement". DISCLAIMER: I'm not a lawyer,
> only a law-breaker.
Obviously, and you're foolish enough to think you're right.

If you had ever done anything productive in your life, you'd probably
enjoy the protection of these laws.  Since it appears all you do is sit
and bitch about a nation's government I seriously doubt you've done
anything that would require the protection of a copyright to ensure your
financial future.

Jacob Suter
Intrastellar Internet Service