Subject: Re: Ultrix/VAX
To: Jacob Suter <jsuter@intrastar.NET>
From: Tim Shoppa <shoppa@alph01.triumf.ca>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/29/1998 17:20:14
> > WHO CARES? That bunch of a**holes who call themselves "the U.S. government?"
> > F*CK THEM! I don't consider them an authority anyway.
>
> Interesting.  This *is* becoming lamer than an efnet #teen* channel.

I agree 100%.  Anyone who wants to rant and rave against their imagined
enemies should find someplace else to do it.

> But I do find it rather shitty that Digital doesn't either "Public
> Domain" Ultrix or at least put it up for sale for a nominal fee.

Part of the problem is that the number of different companies (beyond
Digital) that would have to approve this is enormous.  Ultrix isn't
the worst of the bunch - the source to HP-UX's "/usr/bin/true" credits
over a dozen different copyright holders!

Tim. (shoppa@triumf.ca)