Subject: Re: Ultrix/VAX
To: Dave McGuire <mcguire@neurotica.com>
From: Paul Apprich <psapp@terra.cnct.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/29/1998 20:12:56
On Thu, 29 Jan 1998, Dave McGuire wrote:

> On January 29, Michael Sokolov wrote:
> > Dave McGuire <mcguire@neurotica.com> wrote:
> > >   Yes...So at least don't discuss it so publicly. ;)
> > What we should really discuss publicly is how to overthrow the current
> > tyrannical and oppressive government and convert this country from a
> > totalitarian dictatorship into a free state where all software would belong
> > equally to all citizens.
>
>   Uhh, ok.  Revolution at, say, 1pm tomorrow?  No, make that 2, I have
> a lunch meeting that could run long...and I'll have to stop back at
> home to pick up my ammo.

	This is getting out of hand. The next thing that will be discussed
 here is will be those one hundred or so unaccounted for 'suitcase nukes'?
Kurchatov Kits? Copies of John Aristotle Phillips' Princeton thesis? We
don't need Waco or Ruby Ridge as our doorsteps fellows! This is exactly
the sort of thing that some people want to bring out to persuade Congress
to censor the Internet. It hurts me to say that at a certain level, all
nations are alike, the U.S.A. being no exception.

	At the risk of repeating, Once there is a free OS available with even
greater flexibility, who would want Ultrix anyway?

P.S.A