Subject: Re: Ultrix/VAX
To: Johnny Billquist <bqt@Update.UU.SE>
From: Patrick Light <plight@anet-stl.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/29/1998 14:17:35
Johnny Billquist wrote:

> On Thu, 29 Jan 1998, Michael Sokolov wrote:
>
> > Patrick Light <plight@anet-stl.com> wrote:
> > > Sorry this is off-topic for this list but does anyone know where I can
> > > pick up a CD (or any media type) of ULTRIX/VAX for a VAXStation 3100
> > > KA42-A system?  I have OpenVMS on CD but I would like to play with
> > > ULTRIX again...
> > I will be willing to share it with anyone as soon as I grab it myself. At CWRU
> > this should be very easy, but I need a little more time. Ask again in a few
> > weeks, or I will forget!
>
> Just for your information, this is called software piracy...
> ULTRIX is a commercial product, even if the owner just have been bought.
>
>         Johnny
>
> Johnny Billquist                  || "I'm on a bus
>                                   ||  on a psychedelic trip
> email: bqt@update.uu.se           ||  Reading murder books
> pdp is alive!                     ||  tryin' to stay hip" - B. Idol

I am fully aware that this would consitute software piracy but on the
same note: no one on this list is capable of legally selling me a
license for this software.  You don't buy the program, you buy the
license to use it.  IIRC, DEC is very picky about licensing requirments
and actually enforce it with the install program (must enter license key
just to get it started, etc)...