Subject: Re: TK50/TK50Z form-factor
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michael Sokolov <sokolov@alpha.CES.CWRU.Edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/29/1998 00:10:45
David Brownlee <abs@anim.dreamworks.com> wrote:
> 	Would you know the name of the interface board?
I have said it many many times: TZK50.
> 	Also - what is the native interface on a TK50 - is it actually
> 	TMSCP?
It uses a 26-conductor cable with header connectors on both ends. I think that
the interface is proprietary and doesn't have an official name. However, TQK50
(one possible controller for this interface) says "MAYA CONTROLLER" on the
board, suggesting that the nickname for this interface is "MAYA".
As for TMSCP, you are mixing apples and oranges. TMSCP is the interface between
the controller and the CPU, not between the drive and the controller. However,
you are right in the sense that TUK50 and TQK50, the most common controllers
for TK50 drives, are TMSCP (over UNIBUS and Q-bus, respectively).

Sincerely,
Michael Sokolov
Phone: 440-449-0299
ARPA Internet SMTP mail: sokolov@alpha.ces.cwru.edu