Subject: Re: Ahh, fudge. Now the drive's dead.
To: Michael Sokolov <sokolov@alpha.CES.CWRU.Edu>
From: David Brownlee <abs@anim.dreamworks.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/28/1998 10:05:57
On Tue, 27 Jan 1998, Michael Sokolov wrote:

> Boris Gjenero <bgjenero@undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca> wrote:
> > I've tried that, though I can't say I've been too successful.  It would
> > be a lot of trouble, and you do need to be lucky.  With a few you stand
> > a chance, but if there are more, some will probably end up in the inode
> > data.  I guess if they are in the inode data you can fsck with different
> > parameters or partitioning and hope they're in files.  You can have
> > hours of fun this way.  :-)
>
> Wouldn't it be better to spend those hours writing the bad144 support code for
> the driver in question?

	If you have the machine functional, the disk space available, and
	the skills necessary, then certainly...

		David/absolute

- "It was at that point I realised there might be a chance for myself
-  as a caring human being. Unable to decide whether to feel hopeful or
-  disgusted, I chose both and opened a bottle of wine to celebrate."