Subject: Can I reconfigure the kernel with a binary editor?
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Boris Gjenero <bgjenero@undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/27/1998 20:28:06
Is there some way to reconfigure the kernel without recompiling?  I have
a kernel that just needs to have the dhv-11 CSR and the root device
changed.  It has a name list.  I really don't want to recompile becuase
I don't have the space or kernel sources here.  I've found out about
binpatch, but that is just in the Atari and Amiga ports.  I tried nm and
emacs hexl-mode, but the values I found made no sense so I gave up.  I
guess what I want is something like adb, but I don't see such a thing
for NetBSD.  Any ideas?

--
|  Boris Gjenero <bgjenero@undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca>              |
|  Home page:  http://www.undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca/~bgjenero/     |