Subject: Re: DUA7 on KDA50
To: VAX porting list <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Johnny Billquist <bqt@Update.UU.SE>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/27/1998 19:26:35
On Tue, 27 Jan 1998, Michael Sokolov wrote:

> Emanuel Stiebler <emu@ecubics.com> wrote:
> > BUT, why this disk is not DUA0, what i would expect but DUA7 !?!??!
> >
> > this is the only disk (RA90) on my KDA50 controller.
> This simply means that the disk is set to unit 7 by the unit plug or whatever
> method RA90 uses. The number after "DUA" is always the physical unit number, it
> is not like the number after "ra" in Berkeley UNIX(R) or NetBSD.

RA90 (and 92) sets the unit number on the front panel buttons.

Here's how you do it:

1) Make sure both ports are disabled.
2) Press TEST
3) Press Write Protect
4) Use the port A and B buttons to select the number you want.
5) Press Write Protect
6) Use the port B button to change the answer to Y
7) Press Write Protect

With reservation that 5 and 7 might be TEST instead, my memory is hazy,
and I don't have any RA9x close by.

	Johnny