Subject: Re: CPUs and system boards
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Greg Linder <fluke@mcs.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/25/1998 14:04:03
On Sun, 25 Jan 1998, Michael Sokolov wrote:

>    Dear Gunnar,
>
>    You wrote:
> > The system is in production so it will have to wait until the next time
> > I'm doing maintenance.
>    But you could probably answer the questions about the form factor and
> the front bezel color without opening the box. Does anyone else have an
> RX23 that's not in production?

	I have a spare RX23 lying around my house. It is a normal 3.5 inch
34 pin IDC male pin connector, just like normal PC drives. It has a little
daughter card and fits into a frame with the daughter card mounted below
the drive. The disk drive has a small size power connector, just
like other PC drives. The power is provided to the daughterboard through a
D- type large power connector. The daughter board plugs into the SCSI bus
through a 50 pin type edge connector. The drive and daughter board are
mounted in a module, about the size of the standard DEC drive mounting
trays. It is metal and screws into a half height size space on the drive
tray in the 3100. If anyone wants one, I have a spare lying unused in my
closet. Tell me and I'd be happy to send it out to someone..

	Greg Linder
	fluke@mcs.net