Subject: Re: What is LCG?
To: Michael Sokolov <sokolov@alpha.CES.CWRU.Edu>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <ignatios@theory.cs.uni-bonn.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/25/1998 18:26:00
> There have been several postings on port-vax mentioning something called "LCG"
> without explaining what it is. What is it really? Also, what do you mean by

My first guess would be "Large Computer Group".

> "2080"? I have never heard of VAX 2080.

Would be a DECsystem/20, or however the exact name of those beasts was;
a successor of the PDP-10 line (big 36bit machine).

I've seen, in my youth, the olde -10 installation at the Department of
Experimental Physics of the Bonn University.

It was very impressive, especially considering that it used 90% of the machine
room, while only provideing 10% of the CPU power, I think. (The other part
of the machine room was a big 11/780 installation, which later became known
as DBNPIB5).

	-is