Subject: Re: Vaxstation/MicroVAX info
To: Daniel S Kosack <kosack@wam.umd.edu>
From: Brian D Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/23/1998 18:27:42
On Fri, 23 Jan 1998, Daniel S Kosack wrote:

>   You mean, my "new" VAXserver 3400 is slower than all of my far
> smaller and lighter 3100's???  Darn!  I was hoping bigger is better on
> this one.  Oh well, it is a very clean box (almost "show room floor") and
> it looks nice sitting in the middle of the room...

Well, being bigger definitely helps improve a machine's overall VAX
coolness factor.

        VXcf = VUPs * t * m * V

Where   VUPs = machine's sum total VUPs
           m = machine's mass in kg.
           t = age of VAX in years.
           V = volume of VAX in m^3

I defintely think this is an accurate meaure of any given machine's
novelty worth.  The VXcf allows for including the mass and volume of
associated peripherals attached to the system as well.

Do I win a Nobel prize?

-brian.
---