Subject: Re: VAXstation 3100 and MicroVAX 3100 question.
To: None <carlini@marvin.enet.dec.com>
From: Thordur Ivarsson <totii@est.is>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/22/1998 11:25:47
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate! 22-Jan-1998 1052 +0000 wrote:

> "totii@est.is" "Thordur Ivarsson" wrote:
>
> >The mainboard (board 1) does contain 2 SCSI controllers ((or ? Wide SCSI
> >controller), as far I know, standard SCSI devices can be connected to
> >Wide SCSI), on the top of motherboard is connected daughter board (board
>
> The MicroVAX 3100 10e/20e was out before Wide SCSI existed ... it is SCSI-1.

Fine that is cleared then

> >2)that adds 8 terminal connections and Synchronus serial port. Above
> >those 2 is the third board (board 3) on device shelf.
>
> Sounds like (board 2) is a DHW42 (8 serial lines) or maybe a DSH32 (one or two
> synchronous lines). If you post the 54-xxxxx-xx part numbers I can compare with
DSH32-BA RS-232 sync-serial + 8 async-serial - 54-18905-01

> mine and let you know (although I think that by the time you have taken enough
> apart to see the part number you can also probably see DHW or DSH stamped
> somewhere anyway).
>

> >The (board 3) is connected to (board 1) with 100 pin header cable (I
> >Belive SCSI), and also connects to (board 2) with 68 pin header cable.
> >The (board 2) is connected to (board 1) with 2 40pin connectors that
> >match positions.
>
> I'm guessing that (board 3) is stuck to the back of the box and is the I/O
> module (I don't know the correct designation). If it is, it's just a bunch of
> drivers for the various connections it sports.
Yes it is stuck to the back of the box, the part number seems to be
54-18858-1

--
Þórður Ívarsson		Thordur Ivarsson
Rafeindavirki		Electronic technician

FreeBSD has good features,
Some others are full of unwanted features!