Subject: Re: VAXstation 3100 and MicroVAX 3100 question.
To: Brian D Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
From: Thordur Ivarsson <totii@est.is>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/22/1998 10:05:35
Hi Brian

Hi you all, please don't act like childs here, answer with good
questions please! We are all trying to do our best.

Ok you all: My KA41-D is constructed like this:

The mainboard (board 1) does contain 2 SCSI controllers ((or ? Wide SCSI
controller), as far I know, standard SCSI devices can be connected to
Wide SCSI), on the top of motherboard is connected daughter board (board
2)that adds 8 terminal connections and Synchronus serial port. Above
those 2 is the third board (board 3) on device shelf.

The (board 3) is connected to (board 1) with 100 pin header cable (I
Belive SCSI), and also connects to (board 2) with 68 pin header cable.
The (board 2) is connected to (board 1) with 2 40pin connectors that
match positions.

The scsi devices are connected to board 3, and the 50pin centronics scsi
connector on the back is connected there also.

Main known component contents of boards:

Board 1:
2pc NCR CP07321 (I think SCSI related)
1 AMD7990DC80 (ethernet)
1 AMD7992 (ethernet)
some other parts like memory and proms and 74xxx
few large parts like the cpu and .... that has strange DEC markings I
belive

Board 2:
some memory
some 74xxx chips
some prom
some DEC parts

Board 3:
I think linedrivers for serial connections

I hope this can give you some ideas.

--
Þórður Ívarsson		Thordur Ivarsson
Rafeindavirki		Electronic technician

FreeBSD has good features,
Some others are full of unwanted features!