Subject: Re: RRDxx
To: None <"port-vax@netbsd.org"@vbormc.vbo.dec.com>
From: Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate! 22-Jan-1998 0729 +0000 <carlini@marvin.enet.dec.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/22/1998 09:08:53
"sokolov@alpha.CES.CWRU.Edu" "Michael Sokolov" wrote:

>   As I have said in my message to Long Wang, which I copied to you and
>port-vax, disassembing the external case was the very first thing I did,
>and I was testing BOTH the CDU-541 aka RRD42 and the CDU-561 by connecting
>them to the power supply from that case. Although now it's sitting in my
>IBM PC AT compatible's internal bay, the CDU-561 was working perfectly WITH
>THAT POWER SUPPLY, which indicates that it's good.

Well if the PSU is OK then that only leaves a dead CD and I don't think there is
too much you can do about that. (At least I've never tried to fix one so I
wouldn't know where to start).

Antonio

Antonio Carlini                            Mail: carlini@marvin.enet.dec.com
DECnet-Plus for OpenVMS Engineering
Digital Equipment Corporation              Worton Grange, Reading, England