Subject: Re: Q-bus, MSCP
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michael Sokolov <sokolov@alpha.CES.CWRU.Edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/21/1998 22:50:02
   Dear Tim,

   Just to confirm, is QP905-GZ the complete number or is there something
like "EK-" prepended to it? If it is complete, it's understandable that
it's no longer available. I think DEC had two types of documentation parts:
tangible ones that were actually stocked somewhere and sold in the same way
as hardware, and ordinary papers (the EKs) that could be stored in
electronic form indefinitely. The former included things like mixed
hardware/documentation kits (e.g., binders with docs and tapes), and so
they cannot have a purely electronic form that can be kept indefinitely
without occupying physical space. However, since Field Service has to have
immediate access to all docs, new or old, and so the component manuals were
always kept in purely electronic form. That's my understanding. I hope that
it's correct, since that's how Richard could find the docs for me.
   Do the three manuals that you have listed constitute the whole kit? Is
there anything in there beyond these three manuals?

   Sincerely,
   Michael Sokolov
   Phone: 440-449-0299
   ARPA Internet SMTP mail: sokolov@alpha.ces.cwru.edu