Subject: Re: VT220 blowing fuses
To: J. Buck Caldwell <buck_c@polygon.com>
From: Jacob Suter <jsuter@intrastar.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/21/1998 16:46:15
I do that when servicing anything HV.. TVs, lightning balls, terminals,
etc.  I had one scare in my life, a 4700uf electrolic (sp) cap blowing
up in my face - that was enough.

if you got it a good isolation transformer is nice, and then getting say
a 100ft 14 gauge 3-wire extention cord would be significant.  If nothing
else the cord connected to a verified-to-work 20A breaker would work.
(PS - I got 5 acres to blow stuff up on...)

Of course, your milage may vary... don't look at me if something blows
up.

JS