Subject: More boot aggravation...
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Paul Apprich <psapp@terra.cnct.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/20/1998 23:53:58
	I was correct in my download of the *secondary* boot loader from
ftp.netbsd.org. I copied it to the root directory of sd0. I tried all of
primary boot programs listed in /usr/mdec, but they all give me the same
error:

>>> b dka0
-dka0
howto 0x0 bdev 0x2a, booting...done. (18280+37596)
CPU type 11 not supported by boot
Let's see how far we get ...

Nboot
: /netbsd
open ...
done. (-1)
Unknown error: code 19    {does the three times and stops at the : prompt.}

	I tried entering /boot, /netbsd /hdboot (that's what I have named
that old program Bertram gave me). There is no difference; call come up
with the same error. The old boot program seemed to load netbsd without a
problem and it installs without a problem with disklabel. Those numbers
(683008+35840+70760 start 0x9a1fc) are the same when the kernel is loaded
by network. However, after giving me the same exact numerical info,
nothing else happens, she hangs. Is there some argument that I must give
to the boot rom that will 'give me a choice' as to what file I can choose
from which to boot? (i.e. b dka0, b /100 dka0, b /5 dka0, usw.)

TiA

P.S.A