Subject: Re: console on ka650-ba
To: Brian D Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
From: Dave McGuire <mcguire@neurotica.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/18/1998 14:06:19
On January 18, Brian D Chase wrote:
> > > Check www.newman.com; their web pages list many part number/descriptions
> > > for older DEC parts, but I think their prices are beyond what the typical
> > > VAX hobbyist can afford (personal experience here....)
> >
> >   Their "Al's Attic" section has very reasonable prices, IMO...
>
> Ack, even Al's Attic section is on some major drugs.  They want $395 for
> an RD54, $249 for a VT420 and something like $20 for a silly little MMJ to
> MMJ serial cable.

  Yes, some of it is way out of line, but I think there are some very
nice deals tucked away in there.  $20 for an MMJ cable sucks, but $49
for a VAX 8200 CPU board is pretty damned good...Yes, I have a source
from which I get as much of the older stuff as I want for free,
also...I mentioned this for the benefit of people who don't have great
cheap/free equipment sources like ours.

                            -Dave McGuire
                             mcguire@neurotica.com